04 May 2010

MS JOHNSON ASHAMED OF BET NETWORK



Sheila Johnson is the ex-wife of Bob Johnson who founded BET and made a cool $2 billion from its sale to Viacom. Peep what Sheila had to say about her thoughts on the network…

*Sheila Johnson, the co-founder of Black Entertainment Television alongside her ex-husband Bob Johnson, was asked by The Daily Beast blog what she thought about her groundbreaking network since selling it to Viacom in 2000 for $1.3 billion.
“Don’t even get me started,” says the 60-year-old Johnson, who has since divorced and remarried (charmingly enough, to the Virginia circuit court judge who presided over her divorce). “I don’t watch it. I suggest to my kids [a twentysomething daughter and a college-age son] that they don’t watch it… I’m ashamed of it, if you want to know the truth. Well who really cares cause I don't watch bet. What do they air anyway?

-AL

No comments:

Post a Comment