06 July 2010

IS DRAKE SINGING ABOUT THIS CHICK?


Well according to the AJC he is. In the single “Karaoke,” the rapper Drake, who just won best male hip hop artist at the BET Awards pours out his heart during the rap segment:

Isn’t it ironic that the girl I wanna marry is a wedding planner? It tells me my life’s too much and it moves to Atlanta"
Jade Lee, right, grew up with Drake in Toronto and is indeed in the wedding planning business. A 2006 graduate of the University of Toronto, she worked in banking before launching her boutique planning firm, Lovelee Affairs.

Lee, who came to Atlanta in 2008, still refers to her childhood friend as Aubrey (his full name is Aubrey Drake Graham), and said she did not know he was penning a piece about her.
“It was a huge surprise,” she told Buzz. “I had no idea what to expect when I heard ‘Karaoke.’ I began to listen to the song and I enjoyed the beat. It had a sweet Sade vibe, and then all of a sudden the rap began and my heart sank a little.” She is seeing someone else, you see. Hey if I was that chicks boyfriend I would be a bit nervous right now, unless he has long pockets.

-AL

No comments:

Post a Comment