15 October 2010

T I GOES BACK TO JAIL FOR 11 MONTHS


Grammy Award-winning rapper T.I. was sentenced on Friday to serve 11 months in jail for violating the terms of his probation after he was arrested in September on suspicion of possessing ecstasy.
"I screwed up. I screwed up big time and I am sorry," the singer told U.S. District Judge Charles Pannell, who also ordered him to serve a year of supervised release.
Friday's hearing stemmed from an arrest on September 1 in Hollywood, when police said they found drugs in his vehicle.
On Wednesday of this week, T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, helped persuade a man not to jump from a 22-story building in Atlanta's midtown.
Police praised T.I. after an officer at the scene recorded a video message from the rapper, who was passing by, and sent it to a negotiator on the roof, who showed it to the 24-year-old man, according to local media reports. Obviously the good deed didn't help much. Here's what T I had to say when he called a local radio show.

-AL


No comments:

Post a Comment